More Animatin'

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Here are a couple of new pieces of animation I've been working on.

A Good Bloke

I chose this quote from "Hot Fuzz" because it gave me the opportunity to show two characters interacting, and an emotional change for both. It is currently in the blocking stage.



An MOV version of the video above can be seen here

A higher-quality version (without the weird clipping in the face) can be seen here . Unfortunately, this one doesn't have the frame numbers... I've been looking for a way to add frame numbers onto renders produced by 3DS Max, but haven't seen a solution yet. A Playblast! A Playblast! My kingdom for a Playblast!

Invincible

A rather famous quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The bigger fellah is pretty well blocked out aside from the face and hands. The little guy... Well, his blocking is painfully basic at this point, with certain points (such as when he should be falling from the big guy's hand) not worked on, yet. I have some thumbnailed plans for the little guy to flail his fists about in a frustrated manner as he's jumping, but I wanted to get the timing down for the jump before attempting to squeeze the fist-flailing action in there. I also want to make sure the little guy convincingly counter-balances the movement of the big guy's hand, so that's something I'll be focusing on today.

Uuuh... And try to ignore the sound clip repeating in the video. That's one of 3DS Max's "wonderful" little traits. Once I have a final render, I'll composite the sound clip and an audio-less version of the video in Premiere or After Effects.


An MOV version of the video above can be seen here

A higher-quality version can be seen here

In addition, Randy and Kevin have given me some feedback on the animations from the previous post; I'll be refining those to completion during the next couple of days, along with these recent ones.

... Not sure what the deal is with my tastes being more on the subtle side recently; that is SO not me. I might take a whack at doing something really quick in 2D to see if I can yank myself back into fun, cartoony stuff.

No comments: