Extra Ketchup

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Apparently, I need to schedule myself to post something at least once a week on this thing... Otherwise, I'll keep having months between posts. Argh.

Anyhoo, I went through the ol' computer, and found some things I can share from the months past.

First up, Olivia's Weekly Sketch Challenge. A buddy of mine from school ran a weekly sketch challenge on Deviant Art from November '08 to January '09. Each week, she would give us an "assignment," and we would have to create a sketch based on it.

Week 1: Draw yourself as a Steampunk character.


Week 2: Pick a song, listen to it, and draw what comes to mind. ("Cheatin' on the Church" by Graveyard BBQ)


Week 3: Draw a recent dream, or one you remember from the past.


Week 4: Draw a scene from a book. ("The Cyberiad" by Stanislaw Lem.)


Week 5: Draw an evil version of yourself. (Beware of Lady Lederhosen!)


Week 6: Design a monster using things around you as inspiration. (I was eating cheesecake at the time.)


Week 7: Design a character that represents an emotion. (I did three... It was too fun to stop at one.)


Week 8: Draw your pet as a human. (My old, jumpy, arthritic cat, Blanco.)


Week 9: Draw something in celebration of the up-coming Chinese New Year! Must contain an Ox, since this year will be a year of the ox. (I added Old Man Rat to represent the past year.)


Week 10: Draw yourself with your favorite cartoon character, doing an activity that the character normally does. (I don't have a favorite, so I picked one of my favorites at random: Ren from "Ren & Stimpy.")


It was really, really fun. I'm thinking it would be great to get a group of people together to do this ALL the time. Each week, everyone would submit an assignment, and then one would be pulled at random to do that week. It'd be awesome!

No comments: