You Might Be a Visual Storyteller If...

Friday, April 9, 2010

So, I went on a family outing this evening to attend a somewhat historically significant hockey game (if you're at all interested in hockey, anyway).  Three renowned, record-holding players (Mike Modano, Marty Turco and Jere Lehtinen) played their last game for the Dallas Stars (or, in Modano's case, his last game in professional hockey, period.)  It was a very emotional game for players and fans alike.  And best, of all, the Stars won!  What a wonderful final game for some of the finest lads to whack a circular flattened thing with a stick.

At any rate, I didn't really even pay attention to the game until it was almost into the last period.  What was I doing during all that time beforehand, you ask?  Playing games on a mobile device?  Reading a book?  Staring blankly into space and pondering the meaning of existence?

NO!!!

I WAS SKETCHIN', FOO'!

Here are some samples of gestures I drew during the game.  You can see a few places where I drew the same poses more than once in attempt to get a better read/silhouette/line-of-action.  I'm going to get better at these things, dang it!

They're roughly in chronological order from top to bottom, so hopefully you can see a gradual improvement and gaining of confidence as you look down the page.  I'm terribly out of shape, though.  I really need to do this on a daily basis.

No comments: